Kidde KF30 Firex 4899 Mains Heat Alarm 9V Alkaline Battery
The KF30 Firex Mains Heat Alarm is supplied 9V alkaline battery back-up, with a full 6-year warranty. Which has just got even better with 70% reduced energy consumption, alarm memory which identifies the source unit within an interconnecting network of up to 23 other Firex alarms.
They now have a combined test / hush button. This mains-powered unit complies with UK Building Regulations for new housing and associated standards (Grade D BS 5839, Part 6). It is BSi Kite marked to reinforce the consistent quality provided by the world’s largest manufacturer to ensure peace of mind.
Dusty and humid conditions require the use of a heat alarm as a smoke alarm will not function safely and this unit is ideal for use in locations such as kitchens, boiler rooms, attics and garages.
The alarm will trigger when the ambient temperature reaches 58 ºC and should always be interconnected with a smoke alarm from the same range.
Features and Benefits
- Single combined ‘Hush’ and ‘Test’ button
- Reduced Energy Consumption - lower lifetime running costs
- Alarm Memory - Identifies source unit within interconnecting network
- Auto Reset after activation
- 9 Volt Alkaline Battery (522/6LR61) supplied with the unit
- Power-on Indicator Continuous Green LED
- Push fit/snap in grip type of connector with 150mm long flying leads (supplied)
- This alarm is Interconnect able up to a maximum of 23 units
- Tamper-resistant locking device - prevents unauthorised removal without the use of a tool
- Supplied with base-plate
- Heat alarms are recommended for Kitchens, Loft Spaces and Garages
- Sensor Thermistor (Thermal Resistor) within detection unit
- BSi Kite marked to BS EN 14604: 2005
- Source Americium 241 (≤1.0 microcurie, 37kBq)
- Button Test Simulates the effect of smoke within the sensing chamber, checks electronics and sounder
- Automatic Self-Test Circuitry is tested and unit single beeps and the unit 'chirps' if a fault is detected
- Supply Voltage 230V AC, 50Hz (nominal UK Voltage)
- Power Consumption 15mA
- Connection is a push fit/snap in grip type of connector with 150mm long flying leads which are supplied with the unit
- Battery back-up - User-replaceable alkaline 9V battery (522/6LR61)
- All Firex alarms are lead-free